- Call for tenders
- About OncNGS
- Matchmaking: find a partner!
oncNGS Open Market Consultation: report, outcomes and next steps!
The oncNGS Open Market Consultation (OMC) activities conducted in May 2021 were an excellent opportunity to present the project and to hear from the market and various economic operators regarding the oncNGS challenge. Below, we gathered some facts and figures and also extracted some conclusions. The time has come to share them and pave the way for the next steps to take.
Facts – relevant activities conducted during the OMC
- 2 open online events to present the oncNGS challenge and open a dialogue with the market about the procurement scope. Videos and presentations were made publicly available from the OMC page of our website.
- A supply-side questionnaire was opened to all economic operators with the main goal to collect all relevant feedback on oncNGS Pre-Commercial Procurement procedure and objectives.
- Bilateral online meetings with the respondents to the questionnaire. The meetings took place from May 24th to May 26th 2021.
Figures reveal a high level of participation
- 76 attendees to the webinars from +10 different countries and from different profiles: economic operators, research organisations, health-care related organisations, policy makers and other kind of entities
- More than 30 questions have been gathered during the open online events and throughout the OMC.
- 14 suppliers answered to the supply-side questionnaire
- 10 Bilateral online meetings took place with representatives from the Buyers Group and oncNGS consortium
- 8 organisations have already shown interest for partner search
Key conclusions extracted from the OMC
- The oncNGS challenge is deemed innovative, clear, feasible and relevant for both supply and demand sides. All its dimensions, ranging from patients to healthcare systems, are considered important by the suppliers to improve the outcomes for all solid tumours / lymphomas patients with an advanced cancer.
- The supply chain is ready and willing to take the challenge. Many players have already manifested their initial interest in participating in the PCP. In this regard, SMEs are an important part of the market, which will be accounted for tender preparation, ensuring that the conditions do not harm smaller players. Besides, big players and well-established companies in the sector have also found interest in the oncNGS PCP.
Where are we now and what are the next steps
- The Frequently Asked Question document is available here! This document gathers all the questions received during the Open Market consultation. If you would still have any doubts about the oncNGS PCP, please first have a look at this FAQ page where some recurrent concerns have been already been solved. You can always submit further questions related to the oncNGS procurement centrally by sending an email through our contact page. Answers will be elaborated jointly by the oncNGS procurers and made available on this page.
- A matchmaking page has been opened here! We encourage companies or organisations that cannot cover the whole oncNGS PCP solution to team up with other companies. Especially for SMEs it may not be easy to cover the whole bandwidth. Several organisations have already shown interest in finding partners to create consortia and participate in oncNGS PCP. Have a look to our matchmaking page to see if they complement your profile and get in touch with them using the given contact details. If you want to be on the list, please contact us! If you want to look for partners, go to the oncNGS matchmaking section and check the opportunities!